(Image source from: tasteofhome.com)
A cake filled with a perfect blend of cream and cheese with a burst of chocolate chips! A desert which cannot be denied but rather leaves people wanting for more. Add this to your party plans and make your guests sway in happiness.
- 2 cups chocolate chip cookie crumbs (about 28 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- Add cookie crumbs and sugar in a large bowl and stir them up. Transfer this mixture into 9 in. greased springform pan and press it to the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth in another large bowl. Add eggs and egg yolks and beat on low speed until the eggs get mixed up. Stir in sour cream and vanilla by adding chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture into a crust and place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 65-75 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for few minutes.
- Take a small bowl and combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread the filling and bake it for 8 minutes. Once removed from the oven, cool it on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate overnight and garnish with cookie crumbs.
One piece contains:
- 432 calories
- 25g fat (13g saturated fat)
- 149 mg cholesterol
- 201 mg sodium
- 47g carbohydrate
- 7g protein.
By Shrithika Kushangi