( Page 1 of 1346 )

List View Grid View

Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava Four Days Collections October 15, 2018 12:54

Young Tiger NTR is back with his recent outing Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava which is the last biggie of the year. Trivikram is the director and Pooja Hegde is the heroine. Naga Babu and Jagapathi Babu essayed other pivotal roles in this action thriller. SS Thaman's music is already a smashing hit and it is topping the music charts. Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava released across the globe on October 11th all over and it received decent response from the audience. Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava raked Rs 65.10 crores in four days of its box-office run all over. The film's theatrical rights have been sold for Rs 95 crores and the film should stand strong during this holiday season to recover the complete investments. NTR's performance along with Trivikram's writing skills and the emotional drama have been widely appreciated by the audience. Haarika and Hassine Creations are the producers and here are the first weekend figures of Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava: Nizam: Rs 13.82 Cr Ceeded: Rs 9.30 Cr Vizag: Rs 5.56 Cr East: Rs 4.04 Cr West: Rs 3.18 Cr Krishna: Rs 3.10 Cr Guntur: Rs 6.10 Cr Nellore: Rs 1.80 Cr AP and Telangana: Rs 46.90 Cr Rest of India: Rs 7.50 Cr Rest of World: Rs 10.70 Cr Worldwide Total: Rs 65.10 Cr  

Read More

IT Industry Sues Trump's Visa Agency Over Ardent Rules on H-1B October 15, 2018 10:59

The Dallas-based information technology (IT) Serve Alliance is elevating agony against the work-visa policies brought about recently by the Donald Trump administration. The IT industry filed a lawsuit earlier this week against the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for tightening the noose around the H-1B, a long-term work visa category.  ITServe Alliance is a non-profit trade group with more than 1,000 members. "Like every employer in the IT industry, ITServe members have difficulty hiring enough US workers to meet the demand. Our members seek H-1B visas to fill the gap between the supply and demand for IT professionals in these specialized fields," ITServe president Gopi Kandukuri said in a statement. Ever since Trump took office in January 2017, the federal agency in charge of work visas has issued a barrage of memos making the criteria to apply further rigorous and asking for more evidence before granting the visa or an extension, among other things. These changes seem revengeful to ITServe members who have hired H-1B visa-holders. Almost all of the founding members of the organization and many of its board members are of Indian-origin - most H-1B beneficiaries as well hail from India. In July, ITServe had filed another lawsuit against the USCIS against the Trump administration’s decision to restrict foreign workers to operate only from their employer’s premises and not on third-party sites. The H-1B visa application process has become more cumbersome over the last year, the IT trade body says in its latest lawsuit. Typically, it used to take between six and eight months to adjudicate initial H-lB petitions selected in the lottery or H-1B extension requests, including the government's demands for extra information through Requests For Evidence (RFEs). However, since the last year, timelines for both have been pushed to eight or more months, ITServe claims. "The processing was so slow that many employees lost the work authorization status and had to stop working," Kandukuri said. In some cases, USCIS has even sent approval notices to employers over expired visas. While the H1-B was earlier typically issued for a three-year period, last year, the USCIS allocated the visas for much shorter periods, further restricting the use of manpower for companies. By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

#MeToo: 11 Women Filmmakers Vow Not to Work with Proven Offenders October 15, 2018 09:48

To support the happening #MeToo movement in India, as many as 11 women Indian filmmakers came together on Sunday stating that they have taken a firm stand to not work with proven offenders. Gauri Shinde, Alankrita Shrivastava, Kiran Rao, Konkona Sen Sharma, Meghna Guizar, Nandita Das, Nitya Mehra, Reema Kagti, Ruchi Narain, Shonali Bose, and Zoya Akhtar are among the filmmakers who have taken the stand, according to a note circulated by them on social media. Read their Statement in full here: "As women and filmmakers, we come together to support the #MeToolndia movement. We are in complete solidarity with the women who have come forward with honest accounts of harassment and assault. Our respect and admiration to them as their courage has started a revolution of welcome change. We are here to spread awareness to help create a safe and equal atmosphere for all in the workplace. We have also taken a stand to not work with proven offenders. We urge all our peers in the industry to do the same."   #metooindia pic.twitter.com/19a6Duj6IR — Konkona Sensharma (@konkonas) October 14, 2018 The #MeToo movement in India sparked an outrage soon after Indian actor Tanushree Dutta came forward to renew allegations of sexual harassment against Nana Patekar in an incident dating back to 2008. Since then, a number of women have come forward with complaints against names like Alok Nath, Rajat Kapoor, Subhash Ghai, Vikas Bahl, Subhash Kapoor, Kailash Kher, Sajid Khan and more. Ever since the names came out, Aamir Khan stepped out of a project which was to be directed by Subhash Kapoor, while Akshay Kumar asked the producers of Housefull 4, which was being directed by Sajid and co-starred Nana, to call off the shooting till "further investigation", and Hrithik Roshan likewise advised the makers of Vikas Bahl's Super 30 to take an arduous stand. As a consequence of the movement, Sajid has been replaced as Housefull 4 director by Farhad Samji. -Sowmya    

Read More

Namaste England Hindi Movie October 15, 2018 08:42

Namaste England is an upcoming Bollywood film directed by Vipul Amrutlal Shah, produced by Vipul Amrutlal Shah, Dhaval Jayantilal Gada and Reliance Entertainment. The film stars Arjun Kapoor, Parineeti Chopra, Aditya Seal, Anil Mange in the leading roles. For more previews, stay tuned....

Read More

Sai Dharam Tej's Next Film Launched October 15, 2018 07:47

Supreme Star Sai Dharam Tej is one of the finest actors of Telugu cinema. After a series of hits, the actor has been shattered with back to back debacles. After six flops in a row, Sai Dharam Tej is a shattered man and he took a long break and flew to USA. He lost enough weight and transformed himself into a new look before he started his next. Tej returned back to Hyderabad recently and his next film has been launched officially in Hyderabad with a pooja ceremony. The film has been titled Chitralahari and it will be directed by Kishore Tirumala. Touted to be a romantic entertainer, the regular shoot will commence from November 2nd. Kalyani Priyadarshan is the heroine and Devi Sri Prasad is the music composer. Mythri Movie Makers are the producers and Chitralahari will release all over during next year.    

Read More

China Meddled in 2016 U.S. Presidential Elections: Donald Trump October 15, 2018 06:29

The United States President Donald Trump has alleged China, additionally to Russia, intervened in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections. Earlier this month, chairing a United Nations Security Council meeting on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York, Trump had claimed that China was attempting to intervene in the 2018 mid-term polls and that it did not want him to be the president. China has denied these allegations. However, for the first time, Trump came out in open to say that China also meddled in the 2016 presidential elections. "They (Russians) meddled. But I think China meddled too," Trump told CBS News's popular '60 Minutes' in an interview. Recorded on Thursday, the interview was broadcast Sunday night. "I think China meddled also. And I think, frankly, China…is a bigger problem," Trump said and denied that by saying so he is not trying to divert the entire Russia thing. "I'm saying Russia, but I’m also saying China," he said. But it is the probe of Russia's intervention in the 2016 election that hangs over his presidential term and caused a gap with his Attorney General Jeff Sessions since he recused himself from the inquiry. Trump expressed letdown that his Attorney General Jeff Sessions rescued himself from the Russia investigation. "I was disappointed that he recused himself and many people think I was right on that. I was very disappointed. Why should he have recused himself? So I was very disappointed," he said. Former Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Director Robert Mueller is conducting investigations into the allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. Responding to a question, he said he has no intention of shutting down the Russian investigation. "Well, I don't pledge anything. But (I) will tell you, I have no intention of doing that. I think it's a very unfair investigation because there was no collusion of any kind," he said. Up to now, 32 people have been charged or pleaded guilty in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation. President Trump's campaign chairman, top campaign aide, former national security adviser and longtime personal attorney are all cooperating in the inquiry, which the president calls a witch-hunt. Trump questioned the very statement that he called Russia to assist him in the elections. "Do you really think I'd call Russia to help me with an election? Give me a break. They wouldn't be able to help me at all. Call Russia. It's so ridiculous," he said. By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

Indian-Origin Man with Eye-Condition to Get Guide Horse in UK October 15, 2018 05:14

An Indian-origin man based in north-west England, who suffers from a degenerative eye condition, is set to become the first person in the United Kingdom to acquire a guide horse to assist him with day-to-day tasks once he loses his imagination completely. Mohammed Salim Patel, 24, a journalist based in Blackburn at Lancashire, suffers from a condition called Retinitis Pigmentosa, due to which he is left with a very little amount of vision in his right eye and will sooner or later turn totally blind. The thought of a miniature guide horse came to his attention as he suffers from a deep-seated fear of dogs since a scary childhood encounter and could not rely on the more usually used guide dogs for the unsighted. "Digby (guide horse) is still a baby and will be two years old in May 2019. His training will take around two more years," Patel said. "Digby will be able to work into his 40s, whereas a guide dog has to retire at the age of eight," he said. After spending some time with his companion-to-be, Patel believes a guide horse has numerous added benefits over guide dogs, even a much longer working life, 350-degree vision and ability to see in the dark. "Even if his training takes longer than two years, it doesn't matter too much as once he's trained, I will have decades with him as my assistant animal," Patel explained. The tale of Digby caught the attention of the annual Amplifon Awards for Brave Britons, where the horse is amongst the finalists in the Hero Pet category - intended at honoring animals who have transformed the lives of their owners. "It's very nice to have Digby recognized for his great work, despite still being in training. He is a star," said Patel, in reference to the awards. The journalist works with the BBC North West Tonight Television after completing a Journalism Trainee Scheme. By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

People Have to Enter our Country Legally, Not Illegally: Donald Trump October 15, 2018 04:35

The United States President Donald Trump has said he wants people to get into the country with merit and not sneak inside the border unlawfully. "I'm very tough at the borders. We've been very tough at the borders. People have to come into our country legally, not illegally. Legally. And I want them to come in on merit," Trump told reporters at the White House on Saturday. Responding to sequences of question on illegal immigration, the president restated that he wants people based on merit, a decision that can benefit technology professionals from countries such as India. Basis of Merit "What I want is merit. I want a lot of people to come in. We have great car companies entering our country again. This hasn't happened for 35 years. We have companies like Foxconn going to Wisconsin with a massive, massive plant," he said. "We need people coming in, but want them to come in on merit. We want people that are going to help us. It's very important," Trump said. Observing that immigration is not complicated to him, he insisted that the administration and the Congress have to do the accurate thing whether there is an election or not. Chain Migration He opposed the chain migration policy and said, "If that's a bad policy, then guess what, a lot of bad things are going to happen. But a lot of people agree with me. I would say a vast majority of our country agrees. They don't want criminals coming into our country. They don't want people that they don't want in the country that aren't going to help us as a country. They don't want these people coming in. So we have a very strong policy." "The one thing that really has changed over the last couple of years since I've been President - our country is doing so well, even with real interest - not with false interest rates. Zero interest. Anybody can do well with zero interest. We're the hottest country in the world, economically, by far," he added. "You take a look at us compared to China, compared to everybody else, we're the hottest country in the world. A lot of people are trying to come in. Our border security, our ICE, our law enforcement is doing an incredible job," he said. By Sowmya Sangam

Read More

Two U.S. Senators Urge India to Soften Data Localization Stance October 13, 2018 11:46

The two United States senators have called on Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi to sharpen India's stance on data localization, warning that measures requiring it represent "key trade barriers" between the two nations. In a letter to Modi dated Friday and seen by Reuters, the U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Mark Warner - co-chairmen of the Senate's India caucus - urged India to rather adopt a "light touch" regulatory framework that would let data to flow on the loose across borders. The letter comes as relations between Washington and New Delhi are strained over multiple issues, including an Indo-Russian defense contract, Indian tariffs on electronics and other items, and India's push to purchase oil from Iran despite upcoming U.S. sanctions. Global technology companies including Mastercard, Visa, and American Express have been lobbying India's finance ministry and the Reserve Bank of India to loosen up proposed guidelines that mandate all payment data on domestic transactions in India be stored inside the country by October 15. The letter is most probably a last-ditch attempt after the Reserve Bank of India told officials at top payment companies this week that the central bank would implement, in full, its data localization directive without extending the deadline or allowing data to be stored offshore as well as locally. "We see this as a fundamental issue to the further development of digital trade and one that is crucial to our economic partnership," the U.S. senators said in its letter.-Sowmya Sangam

Read More

C-Section Deliveries Nearly Doubled Worldwide Since 2000: Study October 13, 2018 10:27

The number of babies born through cesarean section (C-section) virtually doubled across the world between 2000 and 2015, from 12 to 21 percent of all births, according to a series of three papers published in The Lancet journal.Although the life-saving surgery is still inaccessible for many women and children in low-income countries and regions, the process is overused in many another middle- and high-income settings, said researchers, including those from Ghent University in Belgium.In the 10 countries with the broad number of births in 2010-2015, there were sizable differences in cesarean section use between regions. C-section is a life-saving participation for women and newborns when complications happen, such as bleeding, fetal suffering, hypertensive disease, and babies in an abnormal position.However, the surgery is not without risk for mother and child, and is associated with complications in future births, researchers said.It is estimated that 10-15 percent of births medically need a C-section due to complications, suggesting that average C-section use should lie between these levels.However, the Series authors estimate that over one in four countries in 2015 had lower levels (28 percent), while most countries used C-section above the suggested level (63 percent).In at least 15 countries C-section use surpasses 40 percent, researchers said."Pregnancy and labor are normal processes, which occur safely in most cases. The large increases in C-section use - mostly in richer settings for non-medical purposes - are concerning because of the associated risks for women and children," said Series lead Marleen Temmerman from Aga Khan University in Kenya and Ghent University."C-sections can create complications and side effects for mothers and babies, and we call on health care professionals, hospitals, funders, women, and families to only intervene in this way when it is medically required," Temmerman said."In cases where complications do occur, C-sections save lives, and we must increase accessibility in poorer regions, making C-sections universally available, but we should not overuse them," she said.The Series tracks trends in C-section use worldwide and in nine regions based on data from 169 countries from the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF databases.Globally, C-section use has accrued by 3.7 percent annually between 2000-2015 - rising from 12 percent of live births (16 million of 131.9 million) in 2000 to 21 percent of live births (29.7 million of 140.6 million) in 2015, researchers said.The South Asia region has seen the most speedy increase in use (6.1 percent per year), with C-section being in use in 2000 but being overused by 2015 (increasing from 7.2 percent of births via C-section to 18.1 percent).The authors found that most C-sections were in low-risk maternity and in women who had earlier had a C-section.The United States, Bangladesh, and Brazil reported C-section to use in over 25 percent of births nationwide, but some regions within these countries used C-section around twice as much as others.There were as well crucial disparities within low- and middle-income countries, where the affluent women were six times more probable to have a C-section compared with the poverty-stricken women, and where C-section was 1.6 times more usual in private facilities than public facilities.The authors propose that this could be explained by relentless issues with a deficit in health facilities and staff in vulnerable and rural populations.-Sowmya Sangam

Read More